Monday, January 9, 2012

Sew Much Fun / w Friends

    Saturday I spent the day at a workshop put on by my quilt guild. It was led by one of our members, Julie. She taught us how to make a "Marys Unit" block from scraps and what can be done with such a simple block with a pile of them. First we traded our precut  piles with each other to really mix up the scraps and because sharing is so much fun with friends. Then we went to our machines and began sewing.......


Ladies.....start your engines!

A little of this.....



A little of that......

being productive.....

chatting along the way....


love the serious expression on our faces.....

After sewing the morning away it was time for some potluck lunch.
Always fun to taste what people bring.
We are pretty good cooks and the variety was deliscious.......

After lunch we went back to the drawing board.
These blocks go together quickly so my pile was more than adequate to "play" with.


add a little diet coke in there.....My kind of quilting!


Time to play....See the Mary's Block Unit?

Sooooooooooooooo many possibilities!


These are my blocks. Kind of a traditional setting like this.


or how about this way......


see the arrows in this setting?


Here I am playing with my blocks.


or what about that................


an on point option.....



Bobbi playing with her black background pieces....


our fearless leader playing with some blocks...


Joyce says....I'm done!

What a great day. Another workshop extravaganza!


Thankyou so much Julie.......






No comments:

Post a Comment