Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Charity Quilting

Last night was my guild meeting. I haven't been able to attend in a while due to my work schedule. It was fun to see all my fellow quilters and see what they have been up to. Our program was a lovely lady and her mom who sell vintage linens. You know the embroidery and hankies of years gone by. I have a few pieces in my closet and trunk from both my husbands side of the family and my own. The program made me get a few of them out and just start thinking of what could be done with them. Some of them are stained and a few even have holes. This woman and her mother cut them into usable pieces and repurpose them into small quilts. Lovely.

We also have a show and tell before our meeting starts. I had three charity baby quilts to take for the lullabye quilts. These are the three quilts......






                                                                                   
I love making these quilts. It gives such satisfaction to know they will go to a great cause.  Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment