Monday, April 15, 2013

Improv

Trying my hand at a little Improv piecing .....

     I am in a monthly internet block exchange through Flickr. We call ourselves the "Sew Be Wonky"
swap.  I have been in it long enough to have had two turns at having blocks sent to me. The first group of blocks were these.

 
For the month of March it was my turn again and so I requested some "Maverick Stars"
like these
 
 
3 1/2 " wonky star
 
Some are wonkier than others.
I received so many fun blocks and thought I should put
them all together in a quilt top.
I've been wanting to try some improv piecing and since
these blocks are all different sizes this was a perfect
opportunity to have a go at it.
 
This is what I have so far on my design wall.
I have about half of them pieced together.
 
Using low volume pieces between them.
 
Liking it so far......


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING how it's turning out!! the low volume background is great with the stars!

    ReplyDelete