Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MQX West

     I am off tomorrow to take a few classes at MQX (Machine Quilters Exposition) which is here in Portland this weekend.  One of my classes is with Angela Walters. She is such an inspiring blogger/quilter. I have a copy of her first book and hope to have it signed by her.

     Then in the evening I am going to the PMQG meeting to hear her speak and see her trunk show. What a full day. I went last year to the MQX and enjoyed classes but mostly the vendor mall. I am looking forward to my classes again, and to spend a few hours in the vendors mall.








          Here is a quilt I finished up this week for a coworker.
 I was able to use a new swirl design
 that I learned from Angela Walters book. Kinda fun!



See the lovely cinnamon roll swirls!
 
 
 
 
Shot cotton for the lattice.
 
 
 

 
Some beautiful vibrant Kaffe Fasset prints.
 
 
 
 
 
The rain has started and so I wasn't able to get
outside to take any pictures.
 
 

 
Such a beautiful vibrant quilt.
 
 
I will be gone for a few days. Off to Mexico for a Yoga retreat with my girlfriends!
 
 


















1 comment:

  1. Your quilting looks great!! I'm going to miss both the machine quilting expo and the meeting tonight (will be in Atlanta visiting my twin sister). Sure would love to see Angela Walters in person. Her book is on my list to buy. Have fun today and in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete