Friday, September 12, 2014

Farmin' Fancy

So okay I have been contemplating what to do with my beautiful stash of Flea Market Fancy. It has been sitting in a box languishing since I bought it way back in March of 2012! Just couldn't cut into it nor did I have a quilt pattern in mind for it. 

We'll today I have cut into it!

        
  These are half yard cuts of lovelies!


A friend of mine has been teaching how to do the Farmers Wife quilt 
without all those xxxxx templates. She has her lessons set up on Craftsy.
Karen I blame you for yet another project! She is a super talented longarmer I might add!

Anyway I bought the book at Amazon....and had it spiral bound at Office Depot 
so it would lay nice and flat, and today I started my class one blocks.



I decided to use white Kona here and there in it, so went to JoAnns' yesterday hoping to find it there. They hardly ever have it I might add. The saleslady was just taking the plastic off a fresh bolt so I quickly snatched it up and bought the whole bolt! I just love the feel of the Kona cotton. it sews so nicely and a lot of my internet buddies ask for it in the swap blocks that I make for them.

So far these are my blocks and this is so fun!




5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I just started doing Tula Pink's City Sampler using mostly DS fabrics! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeri! w0w!... thanks for the nice blog post! Great harvest...love! Every time i see another set of blocks out of different fabrics, i want to start another FW quilt. Your fabrics are great!!! Share them on the Facebook Group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Great fabric choices for your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your ideas. This site desksta is very helpful to find informatio nabout instagram, please coming soon

    ReplyDelete