Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finished Paintbox Top

Last weekend I was in Las Vegas for a girls trip. We had so much fun. The weather was so warm. I even got a little bit of a tan.



Being silly




Me and Shell




View of the strip looking North


Then it was back to work.....That was mighty hard after the late nights and little sleep.


and then this weekend I was able to finish my Paintbox Quilt Along top. I can't wait to finish this one. It turned out better than I anticipated. I struggled with what to put between the blocks and settled on kind of a stone color. I think it frames the blocks nicely. I had a hard time getting a good picture of it.



I made it with 63 blocks instead of 80.



A little better look at a section of blocks.


It took a little longer to put this together, but I am really pleased with how it turned out. This is kind of a different look for me. I'm not used to using the colored solids. A step away from the muslin. May try some more of this look. All in all a good weekend in the sewing room. I sure do like to sew.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment