Friday, December 30, 2011

What's Your Favorite Block?

Do you have a favorite quilt block? This next month for one of the swaps I am in she is asking for a 12.5" block of our choice. Now that opens a whole world of possibilities........I do like the simple 9 patch....and then there is a House block that I have loved for many years. Lately I have been into Crumb Chaos to try and tame the scrap heap! Log cabins are a fav as well. On my design wall now I have several blocks...half square triangles in cool/warm colors, and another block that I am not sure of the name of but it would work. Dresdens are really nice...I could do a word block with something inspiring like "SEW" or something like that. My but the possibilities are endless.  Maybe I will just close my eyes, fan through my sampler book, and randomly pick one. I will let you know what I choose......

and then I need to think about the fabric choice.....contemporary, retro, solids, scrap heap. What for the background if there is any? Wow.....for one little block there is a lot to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I kow this is late but log cabin has always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete