Friday, March 2, 2012

Granny Square


     Do you all remember the Granny Square afghan. I think they started gaining popularity in the 70's. I think my niece made my son a red, white, and blue version in the early 80's , and my MIL made us a blue and Mauve version for our blue van. Mauve was so 80's ! Just put Granny Square Afghan in the Google Image search and you will see what I mean if you don't know  about them,
.




          Well now I am  seeing a quilt version of this. Let me tell you there are some pretty ones out there. and of course one of the Flickr QAL groups (Old Red Barn Co.) that I follow has one this month.I think what started it was this quilt......




http://blueelephantstitches.blogspot.com/2012/01/granny-square-quilt-block-tutorial.html


        I never could get the hang of crochet, so .....Go ahead shoot me now, I have started yet another project. Yes that's right I said another project. I had to try just one block.....and it was like eating potato chips....You know what that means......


     They really are pretty, kind of fussy to make. I have been able to pull all of the colored pieces from my 2 1/2 inch scrap box. That's good right? Use it up. Right like that will ever happen.....



.....I am liking them.   

12 done so far....................


1 comment:

  1. I'm doing these too! They are so cute! And such a good use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete