Sunday, March 25, 2012

Granny Square

      A while back I posted about a QAL I was participating in. The Granny Square QAL on Flickr with the group Old Red Barn Co. I finished 20 blocks and decided to add a different border around them rather than just a plain white one. It took a little math and figuring, but today I finished the top. Here are a few pictures fo the process.




Since the blocks were set on point, I thought the squares in the border should be too.






and the corners needed a little more to them .






This is what I played with on my design wall.




and here is the finished top.
 Got a picture of it outside just as the rain was starting to fall.
It was a very productive day at the sewing machine.
I am loving this quilt top.
Jeri

2 comments:

  1. Of all the borders I've seen, yours is my favorite. Would you be willing to share the math? Are you just using leftover squares? What about the strips above and below the on-point strip? 2.5" strips? And those corner squares - perfect? Do those use leftover squares as well?

    I'm sorry to be so inquisitive, but this is the exact border I'd like to do.

    ReplyDelete