Thursday, March 29, 2012

Michael Miller Challenge

     At our last meeting (PMQG) we were given fabrics from Michael Millers Cotton Couture line.They were to be used to create a challenge block for our next meeting


http://portlandmodernquiltguild.blogspot.com/2012/03/march-meeting-two-quilting-events.html

This is the little bundle of fabric.....along with a few rules.....



A nice mix of colors to work with.





I started to design my block.....




I knew I wanted a couple of wonky churn dashes in there
These were my first two elements.





and then that dark grey needed to be added....





and adding a few more of the colored pieces in to balance it.






and there you have it.
The block had to measure 15 1/2" by 18 1/2"
a little larger than my usual block.....
Let me tell you it was a bit of a challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment