This was the first finish for the day. I put this top together for Quilts for Kids. I have made several of these. They go together quickly. The great thing about these is they come precut in such cute fabrics. They are so fun to put together.
This is a precut kit.
I have already pieced the 4 patches.
the body of the quilt is finished....
Here is the finished top.
I am also trying to machine sew on binding. I usually handstitch the binding on the back of the quilts that I make, but I wanted to try sewing for a change. I have several charity quilts to finish and I think this would save some time. There are quite a few tutorials on the web so I combined several and have my own version. I usually use a 2 1/4 inch binding strip, but cut these 2 1/2 . Then I sewed them to the back of the quilt, pressed them to the front and then zig zag stitched them on. Not too bad. I will probably use this method again. I really do like the neatness of hand sewing though.
But, it certainly is quicker.
sorry, a little out of focus.
These two tops were made by my sisters grandaughters.
Nice job girls. They are finally finished and ready
to give to my guild for "lullabye quilts"
a little detail of the "popcorn " pangtograph.
Love this panto!
I challenge you to request a "Quilts for Kids" kit.
They are for such a good cause,
and are fun to piece together.!