Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fit For A King

I have been quilting since the 70's. Yes that's right I started in the days before the rotary cutter!
 Hard to remember what that was like, but anyway....My DH has been asking when I was going to make a quilt for our bed. We have a king size bed and I have been putting that off because of size. Well no longer. My bucket list just about has another item crossed off.  I have been making Sisters Choice blocks now for a while thanks to Bonnie Hunters method, and I am suprised that I have enough now for my bed!. My original thought was to just put on one black inner border and a green outer border.

 
before borders.....
 
I've also been making four patches as leader enders each time I  sew.
http://quiltville.com/leadersenders.shtml
 
 It's amazing how those have piled up. So I got to thinking........
Maybe they should be my outer border.....
 
 
I really like how this turned out.
 
 

 
A little better view of the border.
 
 

 
One big quilt!
 

 
Glad I went with this border.
 

 
 
Now for backing and quilting!
Yep I do love the scrappy quilt!
This size however.... ONE AND DONE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great and beautiful work. Fantastic.
    Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete