Friday, June 4, 2010

Favorite in progress.......


I was recently going through some "flimsies"  and came across this.....



I started it last summer as a quilt along. I just love the owl fabric in it and the blocks were fun and fast to make. Very contemporary and it was the start of a new direction of quilting for me. More modern, fresh,scrappy, and improvisational. Lately my other quilts have gone this directiton, whereas before I was a traditional gal. Follow a particular pattern. Buy only a certain kind of fabric specifically for one project.



Well now it's time to get this one quilted. I have the backing all ready and I have thought about how to quilt it for long enough.................................

Just love those owls!
   Jeri

1 comment:

  1. I have those owls in three different colorways! I'm such a fabric dork. Haven't worked them into a quilt yet but I do love how you've included them in your sashing - just might need to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete